Disney Vacation Club has reached out to its members with an email laying out current plans, to the extent known, regarding DVC’s phased reopening. Here are the relevant points (with some redundancy to what we seen elsewhere):
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort are expected to reopen June 15th and all Disney Vacation Club properties at the Walt Disney World Resort are expected to reopen on June 22nd.
- There will be enhanced cleaning of all rooms prior to arrival, including additional measures for dishware and appliances for Disney Vacation Club units, along with the standard Disney Vacation Club housekeeping services during your stay.
- There will be increased cleaning and sanitization in high-traffic areas of the resorts and new hand sanitizing stations in key areas.
- Physical distancing will be required at restaurants, lobbies, pools, fitness centers and other public areas, including reducing capacity where appropriate. (Note: Perhaps most interesting here is the implication that pools and fitness centers will be open, even if at reduced capacity.)
- Members and guests are also strongly encouraged to check in remotely through the My Disney Experience app, frequently wash their hands and use cashless payment options.
- Reopening dates for The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa as well as Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina Hawai’i have not been determined.
- Members wishing to alter their existing resort reservations may do so online at disneyvacationclub.com or contact Member Services for assistance.
- DVC is further changing and extending their temporary policies regarding expiring points. April, June and now August, September and October 2019 Use Year points that are set to expire in 2020 and that were used for reservations during the closure period will be extended for one year from the current expiration date. Additionally, April, June and now August, September and October 2018 Use Year points that were banked into 2019 Use Years and used for these reservations will now all expire November 30, 2020. This temporary policy only includes expiring points that were used to book a stay arriving between March 12 and the end of the closure period and that involve a reservation cancelled after February 29. Additional information on these policies is available at disneyvacationclub.com.
You can find more details on the planned phased reopening of Walt Disney World right here.