Yesterday we celebrated World Princess Week with a field guide for EPCOT. This time we’re headed to Magic Kingdom – where the princess fun is ALWAYS plentiful – but this week there’s even more to see and do!
Here’s a guide to making the most of World Princess Week at Magic Kingdom.
- Attractions: You’ll find lots of princess fun in Fantasyland!! Visit with Snow White on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Ariel on Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid. Have an immersive adventure at Enchanted Tales with Belle. And, of course, visit the most beautiful bathrooms in all of Walt Disney World in the Tangled-inspired area as you exit Fantasyland and enter Liberty Square.
- Dining: Only in Magic Kingdom can you have meals fit for royalty at TWO incredible restaurants – Cinderella’s Royal Table in Cinderella Castle and Be Our Guest in Fantasyland.
- Treats: Don’t miss the Snow White Cone at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland!! Also check to see if they also have a featured Dwarf-inspired cone. Yesterday we got Happy – he was chocolate-banana and delicious – even if he did melt fast!! (Not the ice cream’s fault – it’s August in Florida, after all!)
Snow White Cone: DOLE Whip lemon, blue cone, chocolate bird, and sugar bow
- Entertainment: It goes without saying that there’s plenty of princess-inspired entertainment in Magic Kingdom!! Don’t miss the Festival of Fanstasy parade – currently running at noon and 3 p.m. but check times for your day!! Also make sure to see the Castle show, Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire and to watch for the cavalcades that pop up throughout the day. And make sure you end your evening with a showing of Disney’s Enchantment – the 50th Anniversary celebration show. Not only is it full of princesses – it’s also just gotten a new introduction that gives a lot of love to Walt, Mickey, and the beginnings of Walt Disney World that the show was always meant to celebrate.
Festival of Fantasy
- Meet & Greets: There’s no shortage of princesses to meet around Magic Kingdom. You can stop by Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland to say hello to Rapunzel and Ariel – or whomever is stopping by to say hello that day. Then check your maps and schedules and otherwise keep your eyes open – you’ll find Merida, Snow White, Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother and stepsisters, and so many more princesses around the park!!
- Disney PhotoPass: PhotoPass is always coming up with fun photo opportunities and Magic Shots. This week, be on the lookout for a Magic Shot with Moana’s friend Pua near Adventureland and for glowing lantern shots near the Tangled restrooms and a glowing glass slipper shot near the back Castle wall. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is taking walk ups and starts with reservations again on Thursday of this week – August 25th. And Sir Mickey's behind the Castle has a great, complimentary PhotoPass studio with amazing photographers and lots of fun props!!
Sir Mickey's PhotoPass Studio
I hope this helps you and your little (or inner!!) princess to make the most of World Princess Week here at Walt Disney World!!
Stay tuned for more park guides to make the most of this week!!
* * * * * * *
You can find my complete guide to making the most of your runDisney race weekend RIGHT HERE and my guide to running trails on Disney World property RIGHT HERE. I also have lots and lots of fun running playlists on Spotify – you can find them right HERE!
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *
If you’re missing home (or love someone who is) and are looking for a way to bring the magic home, I’d love for you to check out my Core Memory collection right HERE. And as always, stay safe and be kind, my friends.