I've been remiss in reporting on my systematic taking down of each and every menu at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts. So let's get down to it – starting (back again) with the Deconstructed Dish.
The Deconstructed Dish booth is located at Showcase Plaza near Port of Entry. It offers three food items this season, two savory and one sweet – the same as last year but done a bit better this time around.
- Deconstructed BLT with Crispy Pork Belly, Tomato Jam, and Soft Poached Egg ($7.00)
I loved this last year and love it again this time around. I'm very very picky about my pork belly. This is perfect again this year – crisp and well textured. The poached egg is just right and the tomato jam adds just the right extra punch. This is hearty and interesting – a great spin on the original.
- Deconstructed Reuben with Shredded Corned Beef, Thousand Island Dressing, Pickled Red Cabbage, and a Rye Curl ($6.50)
I actually like this much more than I did last year. It's beautiful and the taste is on point. Not quite as interesting a taste as the BLT – other than the hoop of crisp rye this is more of a literal deconstructed breakdown of a reuben – but it's delicious nonetheless and inarguably lovely. Which is not something that you can usually say about a reuben.
- Deconstructed Strawberry Cheesecake: Whipped New York-style Cheesecake with Fresh Florida Strawberries, Sugar Cookies, and Micro-basil ($6.25)
This is lovely and creamy whipped cheesecake filling with fresh strawberries and I love it as much as I did last year. I do still wish that the cookies were a little lighter and flakier. Against the light cheesecake they're a bit too dense. But otherwise I have nothing but good things to say about this. And again – it is, of course, quite lovely.
- Pop-Artsicle: Red, White and Blue Frozen Slushy (non-alcoholic) ($4.00)
This is just a simple little non-alcoholic frozen drink – a sort of rocket pop in slushy form. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it unless you've got kids in tow that want a little something fun to sip on, but if that's what you're looking for it gets the job done.
- Deconstructed Breakfast: Twinings® Spiced Apple Chai Tea Shake with Cream Bourbon, garnished with a Waffle Crisp and Candied Bacon ($10.50) (also available in a non-alcoholic version for $4.50)
This is a lightly flavored chai tea shake with creamy bourbon. I expected to enjoy the candied bacon more than I did but instead it was just very overpowering. It this looks up your alley, go for it, but there are drinks at Artful Epcot that I personally enjoy more.
I'm sure I'll be back again for the BLT, or perhaps the reuben – but until then?
Deconstructed Dish: Check!