The Citrus Blossom booth at Flower & Garden, located in Showcase Plaza near Port of Entry, is new this year and offers up food items flavored with lemon, lime, and orange. They offer four food options – three savory and one sweet – and one is better than the next.
- Lobster Tail with Meyer Lemon Emulsion and Grilled Lemon ($8.00) (gluten free)
This was delicious. A favorite of some of the group that I was with. The meat was cooked perfectly and the creamy lemon sauce was a perfect compliment.
- Tuna Tataki with Spicy Yuzu Glaze, Mango, Avocado and Pappadam Crisp ($6.25)
I never met a tuna tataki I didn’t like and this was no exception. The mango and avocado are so fresh and light and the sprinkling of caviar gives it a nice added layer of complexity. As usual, the spicy sauce just gives it the slightest kick. And the papadum is just like the good crisp stuff you’d have at any Indian restaurant.
- Crispy Citrus Chicken with Orange Aïoli and Baby Greens ($5.75) (gluten free, kid friendly)
This looks so unassuming but it’s easily one of my absolute favorite things at the festival. Just some great fried, citrusy chicken breast with killer orange aïoli and fresh greens. Without question my favorite thing at this booth – and that’s saying something.
- Citrus Shortcake: Orange Chiffon Cake, Lemon Curd, Mandarins, Whipped Cream, Citrus Crumble ($4.25) (vegetarian)
This was nice and light and citrusy. Pretty but simple. I wouldn’t jump through hoops to get it – but it’s a nice light compliment if you want something sweet while you’re here.
- Orange Sunshine Wine Slushy ($6.50)
This is very, very sweet – so be ready for that if you get it. I expected more of a creamsicle taste, but it’s more of a straight orange slush. Fine but not my favorite thing.
- Beer Flight — (1) Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale, Fort Pierce, FL, (2) First Magnitude Brewing Lemon Hefeweizen, Gainesville, FL, (3) Heavy Seas Brewery TropiCannon Citrus IPA, Halethorpe, MD ($9.50)
This was a great way to try all of the beers that the booth had to offer. Everyone agreed that the Coconut Key Lime Ale and Lemon Hefeweizen were excellent. The IPA is predictably very hoppy.
I’ll be back for sure – and not just to see if the Orange Bird sipper is back in stock.
But for now?
Citrus Blossom? Check!