Nothing gets me going on a run like a good beat – but when you're out there hitting the pavement every day, the songs get stale fast. End result? I have a LOT of running playlists and am always looking for new stuff to get me going.
As such….today kicks off a series of Music Mondays where I share out themed playlist ideas to mix things up.
First up is no surprise: runDisney!! Not going to lie. Just how much I miss these races these days hit me hard when I was putting this together. Like so many of you, all I can imagine when I hear many of these songs is running down Main Street or around World Showcase, or turning that final corner in Future World.
So whether you're new to runDisney or want to bring a little of the courses home during this time, consider this my gift to you.
runDisney Playlist – AVAILABLE ON SPOTIFY HERE:
- Happily Ever After (Full Version), Jordan Fisher and Angie Keilhauer
- Go the Distance, Roger Bart (Hercules)
- Try Everything, Shakira (Zootopia)
- Immortals, Fall Out Boy (Big Hero 6)
- It's a Good Time, The Deekompressors (Move It! Shake It!)
- Life Is a Highway, Rascal Flatts (Cars)
- Part of Your World, Miley Cyrus Version (Little Mermaid)
- How Far I'll Go, Auli'i Cravalho (Moana)
- I'll Make a Man Out of You, Donny Osmond & Chorus (Mulan)
- Trip a Little Light Fantastic, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns)
- Friend Like Me, Robin Williams or Will Smith (Aladdin)
- I Just Can't Wait to be King, Jason Weaver, Rowan Atkinson & Laura Williams (The Lion King)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidicious, Julie Andrews & Dick Van Dyke (Mary Poppins)
- The Bare Necessities, Phil Harris & Bruce Reitherman (The Jungle Book)
- Dig a Little Deeper, Jenifer Lewis (The Princess and the Frog)
- Kiss the Girl, Samuel E. Wright (The Little Mermaid)
- When Can I See You Again?, Owl City (Wreck It Ralph)
- Into the Unknown, Idina Menzel or Panic at the Disco (Frozen 2)
- When Will My Life Begin?, Mandy Moore (Tangled)
- Let It Go, Idina Menzel (Frozen)
- Touch the Sky, Julie Fowlis (Brave)
- I Wan'na Be Like You, Phil Harris & Bruce Reitherman (The Jungle Book)
- You're Welcome, Dwayne Johnson (Moana)
- Out There, Tom Hulce & Tony Jay (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
- I've Got a Dream, Mandy Moore, Brad Garrett (Tangled)
- Poor Unfortunate Souls, Pat Carroll (The Little Mermaid)
- Un Poco Loco, Anthony Gonzalez & Gael García Bernal (Coco)
- Almost There, Anika Noni Rose (The Princess and the Frog)
Run Time: Approx 1 hour 30 minutes
Stuff that's on my essentials list and really puts me in a runDisney course mindset is in bold. Some versions – like Miley's Part of Your World – are picked for having more driving beats that the originals.
Again you can grab it on Spotify RIGHT HERE. I'll be adding new running playlists every week to keep our long runs from getting stale, so give me a follow over there to keep up!!
What did I forget?? What tracks are moving your feet right now??
* * * * * * * * * *
If you're planning a trip to Disney and want a fun way to rock a mask, check out my designs at TeePublic right HERE!! If you cannot or choose not to visit now and are looking for a way to bring the magic home, I'd love for you to check out my Core Memory Candle collection right HERE. And as always, stay safe and be kind, my friends.